Thursday, December 12, 2013

5 Day Forecast: W2V4

Thursday ∆ WJLP - Diamonds and Pearls

The Beatles, probably the most influential. and most popular band to walk the earth. Also quick fact, Yesterday (by the Beatles, which I'm hoping you already knew) is the most covered song in existence. But, this song that I am reviewing today is no cover band of the Beatles wishing to live vicariously through the music of such a huge band. This band WJLP carries very strong Beatle-like influences in every song like bands such as Tame Impala seem to do as well.

No, this artist is not from England, in fact they come from Rotterdam, Netherlands. Pretty close I guess. Well, upon our first play of this song Cole and I instantly thought Beatles. The vocals, guitars, everything, spoke The Beatles.

The song initiates with a generic drum beat that you'd probably hear Ringo play. Some clean guitar chords with a very bluesy type progression play over the drum beat which is soon accompanied by some...you know what I'm just going to stop it here...just take a listen and you'll see exactly what I mean. I could go on for days about the comparisons so, just listen and see for yourself.

But, if you're ever in need of a Beatles cover band or a band that sounds very close to them, then look no further.

No comments:

Post a Comment