Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tis' the Season


Okay friends, the time has come...

With the passing of the first weekend of Coachella, and the defrosting of every state above the Mason Dixon line, the time for the festival season is upon us. No, not the festive season; the festival season. This week marks the first of many weeks with music festivals out the wazoo. For every genre, jazz to reggae, rock to EDM, it is a great time of the year to see your favorite acts.

Just recently, I was on a college visit with my dad to James Madison University in Virginia. I was laying in our hotel room and he was reading off some of the activities going on that weekend on campus. It turns out James Madison was having a in house music festival the very day I was touring. Even better yet, after reading the lineup my jaw was floored that Magic Man was playing.

So I went to the music festival, got front row standing room seats to Magic Man, had a blast and recorded some of it for Sam. The best part, it was completely free to enter. You can see them preform Waves  live down bellow (sorry for the bad audio, it was live).



But all of this is besides the point, the point I'm trying to make is that the festival season is upon us in all shapes and sizes. It doesn't have to be a huge 2 weekend festival in the California desert to be good. Just a simple college festival was enough for me to have a good time, why not you?

There is a festival for everyone, its up to you to find it. It doesn't have to be a huge event, festivals range in all shapes and sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment